Club Picnic – Saturday September 10th
We return to Cecil Park on Saturday September 10th for our annual fall picnic. Ride and lunch is free to members. If you are not a member, you are welcome to become one and ride and eat with us. Either join or renew online on our website. We will accept cash payments ($20) to join the day of the picnic as well.
We are posting 2 routes for this year, 40 mile and 25 mile. Also, the park has direct access to the Montour Trail if you prefer to ride on the trail. Rides are self-paced this year, nominally without ride leaders. We expect some groups will naturally form as riders leave. Your goal is to return back to Picnic Shelter 1 by noon for lunch and the inevitable club photos.
Cecil Park is along Miller’s Run Road in Cecil Township at 3599 Millers Run Road, Cecil, PA 15321
The two routes are posted on our calendar:
- 41mile route – It is on our calendar HERE. The RideWithGPS link is THERE. Strong riders may want to leave at 9 AM. Others may want to leave a bit earlier.
- 25 mile route – It is on our calendar HERE. The RideWithGPS link is THERE. Suggested start times are between 9 AM and 10 AM.
Thanks to Kris Moser for the routes. Volunteers will be at the shelter by 8 AM to set up and check riders in.
Our weekly rides are still happening. But with days getting shorter each ride leader is adjusting in different ways. By this time of the year, if you are participating in any of these rides, you know how your ride leader is updating people.
- Monday – Women@Work MAD Monday Weekly Ride
- Tuesday – Team Decaf – Rides out of Pittsburgh’s East End. Publishes route in advance. Breaks into several groups.
- Tuesday – Cecil Ride – Is for fast and experienced club riders that like hills. Routes are published in advance.
- Thursday – Sweetwater Bikes Thursday Road Rides
- Sunday – Trek of Robinson Shop Ride
Other Rides of Interest
Thanks to the members that shared some of these rides on Facebook. September provides lots of options.
- Saturday September 3 – Pedal the Lakes – Multiple members indicated on Facebook they are riding the century option.
- Sunday September 4 – Dirty Dozen training rides start.
- Sunday September 11 – Scenic Schuylkill Century
- Sunday September 11- Race to the Moon Mountain Bike Race
- Saturday September 16 – Michaux GRVL – Fayetteville, PA
- Sunday September 18 – Monthly Gravel Ride Series p/b SweetWater Bikes
- September 18 – NEOC – Northeast Ohio Century.
- September 24-25 – Tour of the Scioto River Valley (TOSRV) – The grand-daddy of multi-day mass bicycling events.
- September 24 – Tour the Montour – Close to home!
- September 24 Tour de Trail: Berlin, PA to Flight 93
2023 Pittsburgh Randonneurs Preview
It’s the time of year that Regional Brevet Coordinators (RBAs) submit their 2023 schedules, and our RBA Dan Blumenfeld is no exception. Here is what he shared with the Pittssburgh Randonneurs recently:
Hey, all. Here’s the first pass at official event dates I’m considering submitting for next year. Please provide any feedback in the next week or so, as I wish to get these submitted by mid-September.
Any dates sound good, or bad? Any requests for additional ACP events? (RUSA events can be scheduled on much shorter notice) Any PBP prep ride requests, like night starts?
- 100K populaire: Saturday March 11th
- 100K populaire: Saturday March 18th
- 200K ACP brevet: Saturday March 25th
- 200K ACP brevet: Saturday April 15th
- [Crush the Commonwealth: Friday April 28th ]
- 300K ACP brevet: Saturday May 6th
- 400K ACP brevet: Saturday May 13th
- 600K ACP brevet: Saturday May 27th
Heck Weekend (June 16th-18th)
- 200K ACP brevet: Friday June 16th
- 300K ACP brevet: Saturday June 17th
- 400K ACP brevet: Sunday June 18th
- (Maybe?) 200K: Monday June 19th, and offer a 600k option by combining the Sunday 400K and Monday 200K routes. for a last-minute PBP qualifier?