The bulk of our published rides are the weekly group and shop rides. Club members actually do ride on weekends – they tend to organize weekend rides informally among people they know for the weekly rides. And they don’t tell President Jim, for fear he will leak their ride details to you.
- Monday – [email protected] MAD Monday Weekly Ride
- Tuesday – Team Decaf – Rides out of Pittsburgh’s East End. Publishes route in advance. Breaks into several groups.
- Tuesday – Cecil Ride – Is for fast and experienced club riders that like hills. Routes are published in advance.
- Thursday – Sweetwater Bikes Thursday Road Rides
- Sunday – Trek of Robinson Shop Ride
What is on our calendar:
- Saturday July 9th – Mount Davis Ride. For some reason, the club ride has gone a bit out of favor in recent years. President Jim still likes it and likes riding in the Laurel Mountains. We ride from Confluence to Meyersdale over Mt Davis, the highest point in PA. Then we ride back. 50 miles total. Ride posting is HERE. Mitch’s Fuel and Food is close by for breakfast before or a sandwich afterwards.
- Watch out for a monthly weekend gravel ride from SweetWater Bikes. Last month they posted “RidePAGravel: Whiskey Rebellion Ride“
- Watch out for President Jim to post a trail there-and-back ride in July. Either the Armstrong Trail (Ford City-East Brady-Ford City), or the Redbank Trail (East Brady-Brookville-East Brady).
- Saturday August 6 – Rough Diamond Century. The route is aspirational, about the possibility of having trails from the Point up the Allegheny River, along the Kiskiminetas River, out to Murrysville and reach the Monongahela River via the Turtle Creek water gap to return to the Point. Read about this ride HERE.
- Saturday September 10 – Club Fall Picnic – Cecil Park, Cecil PA. We will have self-directed routes of perhaps 25 and 40 miles, with a club provided picnic lunch afterwards.
Website Update – Waivers and Password Recovery
Our crack FIVERR team flamed out. For 2022 we are on mostly paper waivers (except for Team Decaf, which has their own system). As a reminder of our waiver policies, read HERE. If you are a paid member, you have already signed a waiver for 2022. Please do collect waivers from non-members.
The Lost your password” button is not working on the website. Please email ([email protected]) or message (Contact the club on the website) if you need your password reset. Due to updates (or lack thereof) resonating across WordPress and the component bits, the Lost Your Password button is victim to some pathology among a recent WordPress update, our events system (i.e. ride posting system), and WooCommerce (which we don’t use but need because the events system wants it loaded). It may take a bit of major surgery (changing themes, as that is the piece without an update), which we likely won’t attempt until the off season in case we break everything.
Club 2022 Trail Bingo
While not a big hit, President Jim is amusing himself ride the trails of Western PA. Last weekend he rode the GAP Pittsburgh-Cumberland on Friday and Cumberland-Pittsburgh on Saturday. Trail Bingo wasn’t the first reason he rode it, but was somewhere down his list of reasons. This was too long a ride to post in the club, so he announced it in the Pittsburgh Randonneurs Facebook Group. Dave Kasparek decided to join the trip. Thanks Dave!
Looking ahead, President Jim is likely going the ride the Armstrong Trail there-and-back, and the Redbank Creek Trail there-and-back at some point. He will likely post those.
Details on the Trail Bingo are HERE.
Ride with Us!
Western Pennsylvania Bicycle Club (Wheelmen)
See our ride calendar HERE
Contact the club HERE
Join the club HERE